December 12, 2013

Christmas Home Tour

I love decorating for the holidays and Christmas is my favorite holiday to decorate for. It's my favorite time of the year! We don't have much, even though my husband says we have plenty, but after living in an apartment for the last four years, I definitely need more to decorate an entire house!

We've lived in our house for almost six months already. Six! I can't believe how fast time has flown, it really does feel like we moved in yesterday. I struggled with how to decorate certain rooms and where to put things; this is how our home looks now.

The Mantle

Hanging the stocks with care. I bought plain stockings last year so that the four of them could match. I like decorating and personalizing things on our own, so we used glitter glue to write our names on them. Yes, our dog has a stocking. She was our 1st baby, right? She gets presents on Christmas too!


I got the stocking hangers last year at Target. They work beautifully on the mantle, however, a certain someone tried to pull down the stockings the other day and I had to take them off. Now they hang on clear command hooks. Problem solved!


I added stick-on glitter stars (that I got at Michaels) for even more of a festive touch. The "believe" blocks are from Meijer, also purchased last year. 


The Kitchen 

Our breakfast bar is an area I wasn't sure what to do with. I got these cute penguin plate sets years ago from Target. I thought this would be a good place to display them. 


I always buy Christmas candy and have it out somewhere. These candy cane Hershey kisses are my favorite! 


In the kitchen I've got a printable that I framed, my favorite peppermint candle, our snowman cookie jar (Target) and snowman placemats. 


The Living Room

O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree! I love how magical a Christmas tree can transform any room. The living room feels even more homey and I want to spend as much time as I can in this room. Only problem is, Miss A loves the tree!! I've taught her to wave "hello" and to Ooo and ahhh from a distance. So far is working...until curiosity gets the best of her and she wants a BALL!!


A few special ornaments- I bought this "our new home" key last week at TJ Maxx to represent our first home. 


My mom had this ornament personalized for us after we got married. 


Miss A's first Christmas ornament. I think a fun tradition will be to take a new family picture every year and hang them on the tree. 


The Dining Room

Eh, it needs work. I ran out of decorations by this point. I want to do something different with this room next year. But for now I hung some old stockings I had when I was a kid, a snowman that once held cookies, and our red globes. 


The Bathrooms

Yep, even the bathrooms get a little festive touch! With seasonal soap and lotions, special towels, and candles. 


I hope you've enjoyed a peak into our home!

4 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Our cat has a stocking too :) We feel ridiculous but we don't want to leave him out!
    Sara
    Life with Baby Sophia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks great! I Love your tree and staircase. Very festive. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. So festive and pretty! Love all the little Christmas details!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this home tour. You have beautiful house. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

    Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
    Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

    Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
    By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

    Regards,
    Clotee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS